Yeast Genetics Meeting
August 22–26, 2018 | Stanford, CA
The Yeast Genetics Meeting (#Yeast18) will be held August 22–26, 2018 at Stanford University in Stanford, California. This is the premier meeting
for anyone studying eukaryotic biology using the powerful experimental model Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Oral presentations are selected
by the organizers from the submitted abstracts. The meeting provides a valuable forum for graduate students and postdocs to present their research
to an international audience.
We are pleased to announce the following awards and lectures will be presented at the meeting:
- Lee Hartwell Lecture: Fred Winston, Harvard Medical School
- Ira Herskowitz Award: Mike Cherry, Stanford University
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Steve Oliver, University of Cambridge
- Winge-Lindegren Address: Virginia Zakian, Princeton University
- Special Presentation: David Botstein, Calico
- GSA George W. Beadle Award: Phil Hieter, University of British Columbia
Plan now to join us and hundreds of yeast researchers at Stanford University for this exciting four-day meeting. Present your research, re-connect
with peers, and generate new approaches to your work.
Lars Steinmetz, Stanford University
Orna Cohen-Fix, NIH
Michael Knop, ZMBH
GSA Poster Award Organizer
Peter Stirling, British Columbia Cancer Agency
About the art
Variation in colony shape, a complex phenotype, among meiotic segregants in a study evaluating high-throughput approaches for QTL mapping. Image credit: P. Riedinger / S. Wilkening / Steinmetz lab. (Wilkening et al., GENETICS 196:853–865).