Attendees can fly into either San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or
San Jose Mineta International Airport (SJC). Both airports are about 20 miles (roughly 30 minutes by car) from campus.
The San Jose airport is smaller, easier to navigate, and more accessible by public transportation. SFO, however, has all the advantages
of a major international airport. While you might have longer waits at SFO, you’ll also have more flight options. Oakland International Airport (OAK) is another alternative. The drive can take over an hour, even without
traffic. However, the airport does offer service from several low-cost carriers such as SkyBus and JetBlue. Please visit Getting to Stanford for detailed instructions.
Attendees staying at Stanford University - If you are planning to park a car on campus during your stay, then you will need
to purchase a residential parking permit. The daily parking scratcher costs $5.00/day and the monthly parking scratcher is $33. The
stracher can be purchased from the Crothers Conference Front Desk. Parking is enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in all residential
lots. Please do not park in any specially marked parking spots (e.g. Resident Fellow - RF; Service Vehicles; 20-minute loading zone).
Attendees who are not staying on campus but are driving to campus can park in the Galvez Parking Lot. Conference attendees
will pay a reduced rate of $8 a day to park there (discount code 3022). Parking in Galvez Lot is free after 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday-Friday
and free on weekends.
Instructions to use the conference code at the pay machines in Galvez Lot:
1. Park and remember your license plate number or take a photo with your smart phone
2. At pay machine, touch any key to exit intro screen
3. Enter your plate number and Press [OK] to Continue
4. Select #1 to Purchase a Ticket.
5. On the next screen, select (1) for Incremental or (2) for All Day Parking. If arriving after 10:45 use the incremental option without an
event code and skip to step 9.
6. If All Day parking is selected, select “Yes” when it asks if you have an event code
7. Enter the event code number (3022) and press OK
8. Once the code is entered, you will receive a message that says “Get Ready for Payment”
9. Insert your Visa/MasterCard or Discover Card
10. Pay Station will ask if you would like a receipt, Press OK for Yes, Cancel for No, no receipt will print unless requested. No need to display
receipt on dashboard