Workshop Application Deadline: January 8, 2019
The scope of the workshops have been modified to reflect feedback from previous attendees. Individuals interested in organizing an attendee driven session should review the selection criteria below and complete the online application. Applicants are encouraged to carefully and clearly address the guidelines and submit a highly persuasive application. The
organizers expect that the number of applications for workshops will exceed the time slots available.
The conference organizers will evaluate potential sessions based on the following criteria:
- Rising and upcoming fields
- Emphasis on discussion
- Fresh ideas for an innovative format
- Diversity (gender, ethnicity and labs should be considered)
- Community-building potential
- Interest to the community
Applicants will be notified of their application outcome by February 13, 2019.
Please consider the following guidelines carefully before submitting an application:
1. Applicants should clearly indicate why an attendee-organized program is an appropriate format for their topic. Importantly, workshops are
not intended to serve as a de facto platform session to be held on a recurring basis. At least 30 minutes of discussion must be included
in the schedule.
2. Platform talks have a set format. In contrast, workshops are intended to have more discussion and interaction. To be considered, applicants
must explicitly address how their unique format will serve to stimulate interactions.
3. Examples of topics appropriate for workshops include:
- emerging or specialized areas of research
- community resources
- professional development
- education (undergraduate or graduate)
- other topics of general interest to the C. elegans community
4. Workshop organizers must independently identify individuals who wish to participate in their session; they will not be able to review abstracts
submitted for poster or platform sessions. Workshop presenters must not present the same work in a platform session.
5. All workshop organizers, speakers, and participants must register for the conference.
6. All workshops will be a maximum of one hour and 30 minutes (1.5 hours) in length.
Workshop Propsal Form